Ever since I started living alone I find myself frequently browsing cooking and recipe websites to see if I could whip up something new, you never know when you'll stumble on something so devilishly wonderful. Case in point, remember the no-cook refrigerator oatmeal post? I liked it so much that it's now breakfast staple of mine!
- 1lb chicken fillet
- Chicken breading mix
- 1 dozen whole wheat tortillas or 6pcs whole wheat pita pockets
- Olive oil
- Dressing or sauce of your choice
- Salt, pepper or other seasoning
1) Thinly slice cabbage. Dice the tomato and onion. Put in a small serving bowl.
2) Heat the tortillas (optional) *Errr, I forgot to heat mine!*
3) Cook the chicken. Dip the chicken fillet into the prepared breading mix. Heat a large stick-free skillet to medium high heat. Add a couple of teaspoons of olive oil to the skillet. Place chicken on skillet. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the fillets. Do not overcook the chicken. Remove from pan when done to a separate plate.
4) Assemble. This is the fun part, go crazy on your portions but make sure you have a little bit of everything. Drizzle your preferred dressing.
Yield: Serves four.
I made a "small" mistake and I'm gonna let you in on my dirty little secret, I accidentally bought pita pockets and didn't realize it until I was eating the tacos pictured above. So that's why they looked rather thick! I could've used 1 pita pocket for 2 servings. >.< Hahaha, oh well I guess no harm done!
You can experiment and grill the chicken instead of frying. You can even use fish fillets if you feel like it. Wonder what recipe I'll try
butchering making next? Any suggestions? I'd love to hear them! See you on my next pig out session. :)
Your pig out buddy,