I've been spending too much time watching Cooking channels on YouTube lately that I bought a waffle maker on impulse. Not that I'm regretting my decision, who doesn't love waking up to crisp on the edges, sweetly addicting, and visually enticing waffles?
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat waffle maker. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa. Stir in milk, eggs and butter until mixture is smooth, a few lumps left is okay.
2. Spray preheated waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray (Optional). Pour your mix onto the hot waffle maker. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot with hard sauce.
- Some waffle makers don't need non-stick spray anymore. It depends on your machine and it's entirely up to you if you want to use one.
- Cooking time varies depending if you have a large or small waffle maker, make sure to read and familiarize yourself with your waffle maker to avoid under or overcooking.
- I like my waffles a bit crispy, so I wait a couple of seconds more after the light indicator in my waffle maker tells me that my waffles are cooked.
- Go creative with your toppings! you can use syrup, fresh fruits, dried fruits, jams, preserves, compote, whipped cream, you can even go savory or whatever else tickles your fancy.
- Recipe makes approx. 5 servings
There ya go, best enjoyed on laid back mornings. I'm curious, how do you like your waffles? See you on my next pig out session. :)
Your pig out buddy,