Call this my guilty pleasure, I don't care! It's a wonderful explosion of flavors and textures with each bite, and it's got me hooked ever since I first tried it. Well, the first attempt was an utter failure but I've learned from my mistake and made up for my cooking boo-boo with lots of practice. I just gotta say that though as cheesy as it sounds, practice does make perfect!
Kani Dynamite Cheese Sticks v2.0
- Green finger chilis
- Artificial crab stick strips
- Cheddar cheese strips
- Lumpia wrapper
- Cooking oil for frying
- Wash the green finger chilis and pat dry.
- Make a lengthwise cut for each chili, carefully remove the seeds
- Stuff each chili with crab stick strips and cheddar cheese
- Wrap each stuffed green finger chili as you would when wrapping lumpiang shanghai or turon
- Fry the rolls in high heat until the wrapper turns golden brown. Do not overcook, else the finger chilis will lose their crisp texture.
- Let excess oil drip on kitchen paper towel. Serve. Best eaten while still piping hot with a dip of your choice.
This is a perfect snack when you are PMS-ing or when you're binge-watching your favorite shows or movies on a Friday night. Be careful when removing the seeds though, use thin gloves or any form of protection. I made that mistake the last time I made this and my hands burned, like they were in hell and back for a few good hours. Don't say I didn't warn you, okay? See you on my next pig out session! :)
Your pig out buddy,