I'm no baker. The thought of cooking something new stresses me out like there's no tomorrow, that's why no-bake versions are a godsend! Now, all I had to do was fret and fuss about the filling. How hard can it be, right?
Turns out, if you don't have the proper tools and minimal to zero portion control skills, then you are in for an adventure. I didn't have an electric mixer, and I recommend that you have it at hand, if you don't like the cheesecake to be on the lumpy side. My sincere apologies for my lack of cooking skills, but everyone's gotta start at some point! So, without further ado, here's a hopefully easy peasy recipe that you'll learn by heart in no time.
No-Bake Mango Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
- 1 pack or 8 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of confectioner’s sugar (or condensed milk)
- 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 ripe mangoes for the filling
- 1 ripe mango for the topping, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
- 200 ml of heavy whipping cream
Do note that I utilized ready to use Oreo pie crust for this, so I won't be of much help to provide you on how to prepare the crust. Sorry!
- Peel the mangoes, and puree in a blender for around a minute.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the water and unflavored gelatin. Stir until incorporated.
- Pour the mango puree into the bowl, and add stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract. Use an electric mixer to combine the ingredients together. A whisk can be used as a substitute.
- In a different bowl, whisk the whipping cream for about 2 minutes, or until desired consistency is achieved. Pour the cream cheese over the whipped cream and fold together to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the crust, filling it about halfway to the top. Use a spatula to smooth out and spread the filling evenly.
- Pour the mango puree on top of the filling until the desired portion is reached. Smooth out and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place the mango slices on top, as desired.
- Refrigerate for about 5 hours, or overnight. *Your patience will be tried*
- Remove from the chiller when set, slice. Serve with a smile.
About 5 to 6 servings, it also depends on the size of the ready made crust.
I'm not gonna lie, I've had better cheesecakes elsewhere, but I'm proud of my little achievement. In fact, I think I may have contracted the baking bug. I've already got cupcakes, savory pies and cakes lined up in my head for the near future. Well, of course I have to get a legit mixer, mixing bowls, piping tips, pans, trays and oven. Ooh, my wallet is so gonna hate me for this. See you on my next pig out session!
Your pig out buddy,